Saturday, January 14, 2012

Newness!

It's so crazy how receiving a gift can totally change your life. This Christmas, I was given the BOMBSHELL of gifts for a crafter.. A CRICUT.

I know. I know.. I'm a little late. These bad boys have been out for years. Don't judge.. :)
I can't help but to be behind sometimes..

ANYhoo. It took me just a short while to learn how to operate this little machine of happiness and then..BAM! I was off and running (while my husband was groaning in his recliner..:)

My step dad gave me a few scraps of wood, leftover from a SPECTACULAR tree house he's been building..I knew I'd be greatful for the wood..that I'd figure out some sort of crafty little SOMETHINGS to create. And I DID!!


This is so super duper easy that ANYONE could do it!

Steps:
-Paint wood with any ole' color you desire
-Let dry (always the hardest part for me as I possess absolutely ZERO patience)
-Choose Cricut designs (the designs on this sign were chosen from the Forever Young Cricut Cartridge http://main.cricut.com/shopping/detail-department-Cricut-Forever-Young-Cartridge-0-884.aspx) must add a HUGE shout out to my BFF Jessica for letting me borrow this cartridge. <3
-Mod Podge away
-Drill holes in board, large enough to fit the knobs you choose to attach (this is a Jon Job..I can't operate a power tool if my life depended on it)
-Attach Wire to back of board 
-Knot ribbon all around the attached wire
-Screw knobs on (praying the end won't stick out of the back like mine did..lol. If this happens, grab a pair of bolt cutters and trim..another Jon Job for me. I'd cut my fingers off :)
-Beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment