Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas doesn't stop December 25..

Presents have been ripped apart, remnants of plastic wrapping and random toys are still scattered all over the floor. The tree is still up, but it's twinkle is not quite the same as it was just days ago. Leftover turkey and ham is in the fridge, the last of the wine is gone... now what? The Post Christmas Blues have set in, THAT'S WHAT!

As Americans, the thought of making yummy treats, buying the perfect gifts, creating that perfect beautiful Christmas living environment (which let's face it..most of us fail at doing) is drilled placed into our heads...24/7!! We worry so much about the little things that sometimes the things that matter just pass us by, unnoticed. THEN once December 25 has passed we think 'Oh CRAP. Where did the peaceful & relaxing holiday go?'

This year..lets make a plan to focus on what who matters. Our loved ones. Instead of worrying about taking the tree down, sit down with your child and play that new Candy Land Game. Instead of running to the mall to catch the great deals you've been emailed (I have recieved 20 emails today alone, informing me of great 'After Christmas Sales..' no wonder we're all shopping maniacs), watch a Christmas movie with your hubby over turkey sandwiches. 

Each day with our loved ones is a gift to be treasured, not taken for granted. I don't want to be one of those mothers who regrets not slowing down.. If my tree is still up on January 1, 2012.. so what? If I'm stepping on Barbie shoes for a week because my kids haven't picked them up yet, at least I have children who are able to appreciate & play

I believe our God has much more in store for us than shopping malls and crazy Christmas parties. 100 years from now it won't matter what kind of deal I got on my sweater..what will matter is that I taught my children to slow down & enjoy the holiday season in its entirety..all year long. 
Below are links I've found regarding Christmas, the blues, and feeling just plain down in the dumps. Check em out.. even if they don't benefit you, they may benefit someone you know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment